Thursday 26 December 2013

Oh Christmas is already here!

The Actor who played Prince Charming won X Factor in 2009. 
Well Christmas has come and gone…how crazy is that? I still can’t even wrap my head around it being December let alone Christmas and now that it’s over I still can’t believe it.

This past Sunday the family and I went to the Hayes Beck Theatre and saw the Pantomime of “Cinderella”. Basically a Pantomime is a play but is audience based – you get to talk to the characters, boo at the baddies, “aw” at the adorable moments and so on. When we got there and looked for our seats my host mom couldn’t believe what she had done, she booked us in the front row. About half way through the show two characters got into a water gun fight…needless to say they ran around the audience getting one another and guess who got hit the most – the front row! We got soaked! My host dad’s mom and dad came with us and the ugly stepsisters chose my host dad’s dad as their new love interest – they involved him in everything! He had to stand up and turn around so everyone in the audience could see him and they talked about him while they were performing.

One part that was so funny was when the one ugly stepsister went to try on the shoe she said it wouldn’t fit because she was wearing her wool stockings. After pulling off the very long stocking on the end was a part of knickers with my host dad’s dad name on them! This play had me laughing so much at points I was crying. It was a great way to start the Christmas break with the girls.
Lina and I on Christmas

Finally it was Christmas! I was awoken at 8am to loud thundering feet from the stairs as the girls ran downstairs to see their presents. The morning went really fast as well. After opening presents we went to Hampton to use their outdoor pool, which was 29 degrees – it was like a giant hot tub fit for 100! It was great when you were in the pool but once you got out it was so cold, obviously not as cold as it is in Canada but it was still pretty cold compared to what it has been. After that we came home and had a lovely pork and beef Christmas lunch. We watched The Queen's speech and the rest of the day was filled with Christmas movies and FaceTiming with my family to see them open the gifts I got them, the post man still has mine so hopefully I get mine before next year. :)

So far the break has gone by super fast! Next week is New Years already, still cannot believe it. Hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas and will have a Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment