Saturday 17 May 2014

England Baby!

As of this date, May 17th 2014, I have been in England for NINE MONTHS! Nine months people! Do you know the things you can do in nine months??

A woman can carry a baby full term and give birth by this time!
You can grow 4.5 inches of hair in nine months!
You can watch The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (the Extended Editions) 532 times in nine months!
You can also read the Harry Potter series 168 times (on average of 1.5 weeks per read through of the series).

You know just some random facts for you. But what have I done?

Well...

I've started working as an au pair.
I've gone to London, England.
I've seen the London Eye and The Queen's Tower (Big Ben).
I've met three celebrities, two of them from Harry Potter.
I've seen eight musicals/plays.
I've been to Oxford University.
I've been to the Roman Baths.
I've been to Stonehenge.
I've been to Paris.
I've climbed to the second level of the Eiffel Tower.
I've been to the third level of the Eiffel Tower.
I've been to Disneyland Paris.
I've met Mickey Mouse.
I've been to the sea.
I've met so many new and interesting people.
I've drank at a traditional English Pun while watching a hockey game.
I've seen many historical sites involving England's history and royalty.
I've seen my all time favourite band live in an amazing concert.


AND I still have no much more to do!

This is still so crazy!

My friend Lindsay asked me the other day "Do you still get days where you cannot believe that you're in England?" and I do! I wake up and will think "Oh yeah just another day" but then it hits me, I am in London, England. I have been dreaming about this since I was a teenager and it still blows my mind that I am here!

I have gotten so much out of this whole experience it's insane the amount of opportunities I have been given since getting here. I am very lucky to have such a warming and kind host family to now call my England family and that they live in such an awesome town to have this adventure in.




Well everyone, only 107 days until I am home now....Canada you are just around the corner!

No comments:

Post a Comment