Sunday 19 May 2013

Thoughts...

Today as I was putting my iPod cover back on I noticed the inscription on my iPod that I had gotten many years ago when I first got my iPod. It reads, "Oh baby oh, oh the places you'll go", and this got me to thinking.

When I got that iPod I was just starting my first year of the Early Childhood Education program at Lambton. All I was thinking about was is my roommate going to be nice (which she is by the way, hey Krystal :)), are my classes going to be hard, how much homework will I have to do per week, will I have time to meet new people, will those people like me and so on! A lot of worrying anyways. 

If you had told me that in just three years time I would be flying over to England to be Mary Poppins to three funny and charming little girls I would say, "You gotta be kidding me! Me leave home? No way!" 

See a lot can happen in three years time. Over the course of those three years I have learned to be more independent, more confident (in some cases), less worried about what the future let alone the next day holds for me and who I am as a person. It took me three years to figure out that I could accomplish anything I wanted to when I put my mind to it and as soon as the idea of being an Au Pair came into my head last year I was going for it!

People keep telling me that this is going to be such an amazing experience for me and now, with thinking, I believe that it will too :)

1 comment:

  1. you did have time to meet new people, even another Allison. Allison squared

    ReplyDelete