Thursday 19 September 2013

Times Flies!

Crazy to say but I have been here for a month and 2 days already! It honestly still feels like it should be August and I should just be starting this job! It's insane!

Weather wise now a days it is cool and rainy, a mix of Spring and Fall all wrapped into one. I don't mind it being cool, my favourite season is Fall, but all the rain (it's not A LOT but it's more than what I'm use to I guess) makes the days kind of gloomy so I've been keeping myself busy with different little things.

I started using my Travel Card for Curves last week and have been going there every single day since then. It's good until tomorrow and depending on how much the membership is I am thinking of joining it for at least three months (once the girls go on their school holidays I won't have time to go in because of the times they are opened and the hours I will be working.) It feels good to do a full body exercise after three weeks of not going to Curves every single day for the past three months or so. Also I will take this time to do a shout out to all my Forest Curves friends :) Hello ladies! Hope all is well at Curves and that everyone is having a great time.

Overall during my stay my transition into the family has been pretty easy going, the girls are still getting use to me (which is expected of them) and I am still getting use to them. The family I am with is very friendly and have welcomed me in as one of there own (now I sound like I'm joining a wolf pack or something.) The only thing I still have not gotten use to yet is that my family and friends are five hours behind me. So when I go to FaceTime or Skype or even iMessage someone it's either really early for them or it'll be getting late for me. That feeling may never change though but will be working on it. I am enjoying myself though and finding different things to keep me busy, just finished reading "Divergent" the other day and am starting the second one today:), walking around Uxbridge and as I said before working out.

This weekend in Canada is the Forest Fair, the first time I will not being going to one in about twenty-two years :(, and in Uxbridge is the Autumn show on Saturday. I'm not 100% sure what will be at this Autumn show but will report back after attending. I hope to next week to go into London during the week to find "The Maple Leaf" pub, an all Canadian pub near Leicester Square.

TTFN :)

No comments:

Post a Comment