Saturday 7 September 2013

Fate at it's best

Today was a normal Saturday type of day. I got up, got dressed and had some breakfast. My plan was to go into London today to go and see "The Lone Ranger" (yes it's still in theatre's here) and walk around Leicester Square. I got on the tube, read more of the book my best friend Stef got me before leaving (finished it on the way back, "Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children", AMAZING book go read it) and snacked on the way so I wouldn't have to buy lunch.

I got off at the Piccadilly Circus stop and walked to Leicester Square, a 5-minute walk at most. On the way to Leicester Square I passed by the Prince of Wales Theatre and was stopped by one of the workers there. He asked if I wanted to enter into a Lottery Draw to win a pair of tickets to the musical that was on at the moment. I told him that I was by myself so I could enter in for one, he then directed me to another lady who was also by herself and said that we could pair up, so that if either of us won we would have an extra ticket for the other. We got to talking and she told me that she has been a flight attendant for the past 25 years and comes to London at least 3 times a month almost! Her friend told her about this Lottery Draw (he had won the previous week before) and told her to go see it the next time she was in London.

We waited for 12:30pm for them to announce the winners, they called 3 peoples names before I heard them read the ladies name that I was with, we had just won FRONT ROW tickets for THE BOOK OF MORMON for only £20! We both looked at each other and screamed with excitement! We went in and paid for our tickets and agreed to meet back at 2:00pm when the doors opened.

As soon as I found WiFi access I iMessage my sister and asked if we could FaceTime quickly, not realizing that it wasn't even 8:00am back in Canada yet. I knew she'd be excited for me because we had tried to get tickets when it was playing in Toronto.

The play was AMAZING! It was super funny and very entertaining. You could tell that the creators of South Park made it for sure! The humour was crude but hilarious! Today turned out better than expected :)
                 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment