Saturday 31 August 2013

Some little differences

After being here for two weeks I've been starting to notice some differences about the way things are in Ontario and the way things are in England (what I've seen of it so far). Obviously the accent and driving on the other side of the car & road, those are a given, but just other characteristics.

-the yellow light at the stop light actually means "Go" instead of "Slow down" or "Wait"

-you can wear anything you want out, mostly this is about different types of patterns put together, and they sell this in the store as well (example, a stripe and cheetah print dress)

-no tax! unless it's paid for in other ways but if you go to a store and something is 10pounds, it's 10pounds!

-if you give someone a tip they find it weird. Got ice cream today and told them to keep the change and they gave me a weird look so I said "It's a canadian thing, a little treat for you." The girl then laughed and said Thank You

-everything is mailed to you. Got a bank account, had to wait for my debit card to come in the mail and now that I have the card I have to wait for the next letter to get my PIN number

-there are no screens on any windows! They just open and you can fall out if it's big enough

-it's much easier to cross the road, only have to look one way (most of the time)

-a lot of round a bouts! which are a good thing, some of the time


There will be more added when I can think of more but so far those are the things that really stick out to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment