Monday 26 August 2013

First Weekend - London Bus Tour

Hello everyone! Busy weekend for me that's for sure. I took the Big Bus Tour around London this weekend and saw the sights and took lots of pictures :)

Sunday started out with me taking the tube into London, having to transfer to the bus system half way because of rail construction and then back to the tube. It took about 2hrs on Sunday to get there because the bus driver kept making random stops he wasn't suppose to, at each random stop there were pretty girls so I'm guessing that's why. Anyway I got into London around 11:45am and got on the Red Bus tour, apart of the Big Bug tours. With the Red Bus tour you get live commentary which was great! The tour guide pointed out everything and anything and gave you fun facts. On the Blue Bus Tour you had to listen through earphones, which stinked because if the bus got stuck in traffic (which it did when I was on it) you were behind on the stops and if you didn't know what you were looking for you were lost.

As apart of the tour you got free walking tours so at 1pm I took the Harry Potter walking tour which took you around to the places in Downtown London where they filmed part of the last two movies. It was really cool! The tour guide for that use to live right around the corner from Rupert Grint and had known him since a baby (Rupert moved after the movie got successful however). We got to walk down Diagon Alley and even go into a Sweets Shop that sold Harry Potter candies.

The rest of the day was spent on the bus and I stopped off at Buckingham Palace for a up close view of the place. It's HUGE!

Today I went to Platform 9 & 3/4 and got my picture taken there as well. I then travelled back to the Big Bus Tours stop and got on and did the tour over again to take videos this time for my family. I also did a River Cruise and got to see the Eye, Queen's Tower, the different Bridge's over the Thames and Tower Bridge as well at a great perspective.

I do want to apologize for not a lot of detail but I figured that the video of pictures would explain everything better than I can.

The video is about 8mins long but there's music with it and it has all of my best pictures from the weekend so enjoy :) Also sorry for the sideways photos, they'd be really small if they were the right way up.


If this does not work copy and paste this link into a new tab: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LktprcNxu_0

No comments:

Post a Comment