Wednesday 21 August 2013

And so it begins!

I AM HERE!!!! It's so exciting to finally say that! Arrived on Saturday August 17th and the mom and youngest daughter picked me up at the airport. The flight wasn't to bad, only 6hrs and 12minutes. We watched two movies while on it and I got served dinner and breakfast, which weren't that bad actually. Took a Timmies muffin with me just in case I got more hungry on the plane.

After having a busy weekend with the family, they are currently getting renovations done on their house (I will be getting a brand new room :) it use to be the garage but they had to changed to a bedroom, that should be done by this weekend or next) and I went around with them to the shops to help pick out tiles and supplies, which was actually kind of fun believe it or not. "Your first trip out in England and it's to a toilette shop" the mom said that to me on Saturday, I thought it was funny :)

Monday I started work, because the girls are on their summer holidays until the end of next week there's no school. So far I have been to the cemetery by their house for a walk, on a bus and a double decker bus into town to go to the library and to the grocery store with them and the family. The girls are very energetic and very independent as well, they fight as sisters do but they are a lovely group of girls :)

And yes I have done a little bit of shopping (nothing big just a couple of little things), the shops around here close at 6pm and depending on the day I work until then so I've only been up once by myself though.

I am having a fantastic time so far and cannot wait to explore more of London in the coming weekends.

Mr. Moose at the Toronto Airport

The Tim Hortons of England

No comments:

Post a Comment