Monday 28 October 2013

First Weekend Tour = Great Success

Hello everybody! Another weekend past us, another little trip for me. Well not little, the total opposite…it was HUGE! This past weekend I took a tour to Oxford, Burford, Stow-on-the-Wold, Bourden-on-the-water, Bilbury, Bath, Lacock, and Stonehenge! Man that’s a mouth full and a half!
Saturday morning started early again for me, had to be up for 5:30am to be in London on time and ready to go for 8:15am. Thought I’d sleep on the way the Oxford but the driver, and our tour guide as well, kept telling us all these fun facts that I didn’t want to sleep.

In Oxford we mostly just walked around one of the main parts of Oxford University. I think the coolest thing I learned about Oxford was how their school system works. There are 36 colleges in Oxford and Oxford University. The colleges are very different than the colleges I’m use too, basically the colleges are used for a living space, library, dinning hall and rec room. Every student, no matter which college they go to/stay in when they graduate from their program they will graduate from the University of Oxford! Wicked! 
After Oxford we visited some of the Cotswolds towns, they are apart of the Cotswolds because of the sheep that are raised there, these towns included (Burford, Stow-on-the-Wold, Bourden-on-the-water, and Bilbury). Each town had there own unique way of looking, very country feeling and a nice feeling after being in the city for so long.



Stonehenge
After a good rest at the hotel on Sunday we went to two other Cotswolds towns (Bath and Lacock) and then ended our tour at Stonehenge. In Bath we went into the Roman Baths and got to listen to an audio tour as we walked around. After Bath we went to Lacock, which is one of the only towns in England that hasn’t been touched by modern development. They do have electricity and drive obviously but there are no electrical wires hanging in the streets or TV dishes on the houses which means a lot of movies and TV shows that are set in the period times can be filmed here (like Pride and Prejudice with Colin Firth). 

Stonehenge was the last stop before heading home. Other than being very windy and cold it was exciting to see these famous stones in person. Our tour guide told us lots of information about everywhere we went to this weekend but me being me and not being the best at memory will have to refresh my memory via the Internet. I apologize for this and because I am a horrible person for not giving more fun facts I’m going to be doing another post Wednesday which will be about my first part of my week off and then another on Sunday to follow up with the rest of my week.

Roman Baths

2 comments:

  1. I think you should have had a bath in the Roman Baths. Then we'd know for certain how dirty the water is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were told before the tour to not touch or drink this water because of the bacteria in it. It was really gross looking!

    ReplyDelete