Monday 14 October 2013

The Big 2-2!

Okay, okay I know turning twenty-two isn't that old or anything but it's another year added onto mine so I believe it's a big deal, and for people who know me my birthday is my second favourite holiday (Christmas will always be number one!) For this being my first birthday being far away from home and I defiantly felt it. Not that I was sad about being away from home but it was different not being around my family and having Thanksgiving. I had an amazing day however and would not have changed it if I could :)

The day started with a lovely breakfast made by my host family, pancakes, bacon, sausages the whole shebang! I then went into London and met with a friend for lunch. After that it was off to see "Les Miserables". The musical was amazing! Our seats were at the very top in the back row, only a tiny bit was cut off at the top of the stage for maybe two minutes at most but they were amazing seats for only costing £28.
The actors and actresses wonderfully portrayed the characters (having only seen the movie that is what I had to go off of). I believe this is the longest play that I have ever seen, both Act One and Two were an hour and a half each! It did not feel like an hour and a half each time, only that our seats were kind of cramped so my legs got stiff after a bit.


After "Les Mis" we went to Leicester Square to walk around for a bit before we had to meet with some more au pairs at the Metropolitan Bar. Apparently there was a Zombie Walk going on at the same time. There were hundreds of people dressed up in full zombie uniform and there was also a zombie band playing music. The British International Film Festival is also on until October 20th, and while we were waiting there was a premiere going on and celebrities on the red carpet. I saw Julia-Louis Dreyfus, tried to get a decent picture of her but she was being interviewed by time I got there and not looking the right way.


We then made our way to the Metropolitan Bar to meet up with some of the other au pairs I have met since arriving. I was quite surprised to see that two of the girls had gotten me a cake, I got to blow out the candles twice because we forgot to take pictures the first time. It was a very exciting birthday and I am so happy and blessed for everyone I have met so far to make it wonderful for me.



I am hoping to try and update the blog every week either on the Monday or Friday of that week. I am going to the Harry Potter Studio Tour on Saturday (19th) so I will post my next entry on the Monday of next week, so look forward to that :)



No comments:

Post a Comment