Sunday 2 February 2014

Can lucky even begin to describe my day?

First off, now that it is finally confirmed, I can know say that I will be going to Paris on the 15th-17th :)

AND I can finally tell you what I will be doing on the tour. We travel to Paris on the 15th bright and early by coach and ferry to get there. Once there we get to go on an hour river cruise of the Seine River where we will see the Eiffel Tower, Musee d'Orsay, Notre Dame Cathedral as well as other landmarks, palaces and ornate bridges.  I'll have to top up on my Paris landmarks before leaving so I know what I'm actually seeing.
On the second day it's going to be legen....wait for it and I hope you're not lactose intolerant because the second half of that word is - dairy! We get to go to DISNEYLAND PARIS for the whole day! I am so excited for this!!! I love Disney and have been to the one in Florida so this will add to the places I've been too :)
On the last day we get to go to the Eiffel Tower and go all the way up to the third floor. I'm going to be scared the entire time I'm up there but I'll push through that obviously because when else will I be able to do this again? We then get to do some shopping before heading back home.

It'll be a nice 3-day vacation during the girls half term (as they are away skiing the entire week).



Yesterday my friend Lina and I went to go and see the play "Mojo" which is based in the 50's in London Soho at a pub. For a short description it about this Silver Johnny singer who preforms at the pub and the next morning the pub owner is found dead and Sliver Johnny is missing. The rest of the play is trying to figure out who killed the owner, where Silver Johnny is and other problems the pub workers have with one another. It was an amazing play overall, the storyline was great and it was really funny too.

Right so about luck and being extremely lucky.

We went and picked up our tickets at the box office as the afternoon show was ending. We decided to wait around to see if we could see anyone from the show. At the stage door there was a sign that said the cast wouldn't be signing anything after the afternoon show so we went back to the front doors to figure out what we wanted to do. Just then Ben Whishaw and another guy came out the front doors and went into the cafe across the street. I couldn't see the other guy very clearly but it looked like someone else from the play...I was wrong but as soon as I saw his face I knew who he was. Andrew Scott (from the BBC's Sherlock - he plays James Moriarty, as well as other acting roles but I've only seen him in that).

After the show Lina and I went to the stage door to see if we could see any of the actors. We saw Rupert Grint, Colin Morgan (he plays Merlin in "Merlin") and Tom Rhy Harris come out to sigh autographs but we were to far away for that. I got some videos but that was about it. Afterwards we went back to the front door to figure out what to do next and to see if anyone else would come out the front door. We wait about twenty minutes before we left to go home. We walked maybe 5 feet when I told Lina to look in a certain spot....it was Rupert Grint at the pub on the corner with some friends. I have no idea where my courage came from but next thing I knew I was walking up to him, apologizing for interrupting his night but just wanted to say how great the play was. The three of us talked for a bit about the play and everyones acting and we even got a picture :)


Yesterday was one of the luckiest days I've had here so far, as in meeting people.
The next month my weekends are packed! Next Friday (7th) I'm going to see "Dirty Dancing", the weekend after that (15th-17th) it's Paris, the weekend after that (22nd) I'm going to a Pixar Event at the Royal Albert Hall, the weekend after that my friend Erin is coming down and we're hopefully going to see "Wicked" (28th-2nd) and then on March 8th Lina and I are going to see "The Lion King".

My goodness I'll be busy but it's all totally worth it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment