Sunday 27 April 2014

Somewhere beyond the sea...

Weather conflict yet again, oh weather - why do you lie to me?

When planning this weekend I kept the weather in mind and with it saying there was 90% chance of rain on Saturday I decided to postpone my trip to Stratford-upon-Avon....it rained a bit in the morning and then for maybe four minutes in the afternoon and that was it! It was a tad cool so I think I'll wait until Summer weather arrives to enjoy Stratford.

Any who! I decided to go to the London Aquarium instead, and man was that place cool!

There was 5 levels of all different types of fish, sea life, turtles, frogs and penguins(my favourite)!
I spent a good two hours in there, it wasn't packed (thank goodness) so it was a very lovely time well spent.

At each place they had information about the creature and little facts that you may not have known. Like did you know that you are more likely to be attacked by a dog, vending machine or win the lottery than get attacked by a shark?

Did you also know that sharks have been around since before the dinosaurs?!?!

That place was crawling with sharks! There were about four different types I believe, sorry that I do not remember the names of them all, and in the shark tank they had sting rays and little fish too. They had this big area near the end of the aquarium with a big plated glass window and a ledge in front of it. I spent a good half-hour just sitting there and watching the Sharks swim by, it was very peaceful and relaxing.




After the aquarium I took a walk up to Piccadilly Circus and this is the first time I have ever seen it not as busy as it usually is, and this was in the afternoon as well. After the little rain shower I decided to take the tube to Regent Park and check it out. I hadn't been there yet and really wanted to see what all the fuss was about....the fuss was these amazing and beautiful gardens that were shattered all over the park. The London Zoo is also in Regent Park as well as the Open Air Theatre - both I plan on visiting before I leave.


It was a Saturday well spent.

As you can see I've added some countdowns to my blog, mostly to remind me on what's going on but to also let you know as well. Hope all are well and will see you in about four months Canada :)





No comments:

Post a Comment