Saturday 23 August 2014

A Guest and Counting Down The Days!

So literally the day after I get back from my eleven day holiday my sister comes on her holiday! No rest for the wicked as they say. The next five days were jammed packed with showing her around and even me going to new places.


On Wednesday (13th) Caitlin and I made our way into London for me to show her around to all of my favourite places. We started out by going to the fake Baker Street (where they actually film the new "Sherlock") and took pictures by the 221b apartment and "Speedy's" cafe. Next we headed over to King's Cross Station so that Caitlin could get her photo with the trolley and Platform 9 & 3/4, sadly the line up was over 45mins-one hour long of a wait so we just had a quick look and went on our way. Lots of walking that day but we made out way over to Piccadilly Circus and all around the area, Leicester Square, Covent Garden, Trafalgar Square, Westminister Abbey and the Parliament buildings. We finished off the day with seeing "Matilda the Musical!" (my second time but I knew that she would love it and I really wanted to see it again.)


On the Thursday (14th) we went to the Tower of London and explored that area all day. Currently at the Tower they are filling the moats with ceramic poppies to represent all of the fallen soldiers from WW1. 

On the Friday (15th) we made our way to Watford to go to the Harry Potter Studio Tour. I went last October with some friends but wanted to go again and since Caitlin loves Harry Potter I thought she'd enjoy herself as well. It wasn't as busy as the last time I went so I actually got to enjoy it more and take better photos.

On the Saturday (16th) we went to Windsor Castle for the entire day. We were lucky to have good weather and did lots of walking around and inside the castle. It's so beautiful there, I couldn't imagine living in a castle, way to big for me. Maybe if I didn't have to clean it I'd reconsider. 



On the Sunday (17th) Caitlin and I did our own separate activities, she went to Buckingham Palace and the surrounding area and I went on my Downton Abbey tour. On the way to the village where they film some of the shows we got to watch some of the first season episodes, since being back home I have continued re-watching the show and am now starting season three. The village scenes all take place within a one km stretch of the village. After the village we went to Highclere Castle, which I was so excited about. The castle is just amazing and the rooms are a lot smaller than what they appear to be on TV.

The last couple of days when Caitlin was here I was with the girls. Now I currently have about a week left until I am back in Canada. Plans that I have until then include Notting Hill Carnival, packing, spending time with the girls, more packing, cleaning up my room and having one last weekend in London. 



I have been so grateful for the amount of places I have gotten to see and the amount of activities I have gotten to do since arriving in England last August. 

It has truly been an amazing adventure and would not change any of it for the world! I have been through a lot since being over here but it has only made me stronger and a better person.


I will miss my host family but may excited to see my family when I get back. Mom remember to bring the tissues to the airport.  

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment