Friday 29 August 2014

Second Last England Post

Well I'm back right where I started...in the "Blue Room" (the guest room of the house). It's been a bittersweet last two weeks and I just can't believe that in 4 days I will be on my way home. It's all becoming real now and it's sad but also exciting. Now that's an odd sentence but it's true.

It's sad because obviously I have been here for more than a year, have a relationship with the family, packing everything up and shipping out and leaving my friends behind.

It's exciting because obviously I missed Canada, my family and friends and will get to see them when I get back. I'm excited to see what each day brings me and what new adventures I will be onto next.

This past week has been hectic thats for sure! Cleaning up the new room for the new au pair, trying to pack up a year and a bit of my life into two large suitcases and a carry on and having one last week with the girls before I finished being their Au Pair.

We played lots of card games, went swimming, played Monopoly! and pretended we were Harry Potter characters and battled it out with wand duels. The games these kids come up with I tell ya. Overall it has been a great last week to have with them and they have so many things coming up once I'm gone that they said they will keep me updated with emails and iMessage.

I want to say thank you to everyone who has been following along with the blog, those who have seen my articles in the newspaper and those who have been hearing about me from my family and friends.

I have one more post to do before I leave, which I will do Monday night before going to bed to document my last weekend in England and then hope to do one once I'm settled in back in Canada.


No comments:

Post a Comment