Sunday 23 March 2014

Abbey Road & Notting Hill


"Blackbird singing in the dead of night
Take these broken wings and learn to fly"

Well, I finally did it! I crossed the cross walk at Abbey Road. It may not seem as high and mighty of an accomplishment but due to the fact that it took about two months to finally do this Lina and I were both quite happy.

Wondering why it took so long? Well Abbey Road is located outside of Central London - meaning that you need to take a tube ride or a very long and expensive bus ride to get to Abbey Road. Every weekend that Lina and I wanted to go the tube line was always being worked on and via bus it would take about 3hrs to get there. So that's why it took so long.

Part of the brick wall at Abbey Road Studios
Now when you get to Abbey Road the first thing you're going to see is tourists, lots and LOTS of tourists! This crosswalk doesn't have stoplights so it's basically people standing on the sidewalk until the coast is clear or literally stopping cars just to take a picture. There was a guy there organizing pictures as well, that's how Lina and I got ours done - wish it was more of the crosswalk but you get what you get when the road is super busy haha

Right beside Abbey Road it Abbey Road Studios and I gotta say that the fence posts and brick walls around the parking lot to that building is covered in signatures and Beatles lyrics. I added in my own and signed my name and the date. We noticed after that we could read some writing that had been painted over so I'm not sure how long my message will be there but I hope people get to see it. I wrote part of the lyrics from the top in case you were wondering.

After Abbey Road we made our way to Notting Hill, which I gotta say is probably the most beautifulness town I have seen since being here that is located in the city, The Cotswolds don't count here. All of the houses are painted different colours with different coloured doors as well, it's so neat. Was hoping for more of the trees to be blooming but not this time I guess, I'll have to go back in the Spring/Summer.

This weekend was the last weekend that I got to hangout with Lina, she;s going back home on April 4th and next weekend is when Erin is coming to visit, so we crossed off almost all of Lina's to do list and then went our separate ways. She's hoping to visit again before I go home, hopefully in July so I'll get to see her then :) 
A street in Notting Hill

Hope all is well with everyone back home. 162 days until I'm back in Canada, cannot believe it! Time is going by to fast!!

No comments:

Post a Comment