Monday 31 March 2014

Matilda, Mormon and St. Paul's...oh my!

What can I say, this past weekend was pretty great. I got to hang out with my friend Erin before she goes back to Canada for the summer for work and my luck even rubbed off on her.

On Friday I met Erin in London so that we could go and see "Matilda the Musical", and for £25 for our tickets we got some pretty decent seats. To bad that we had two tall people in front of us, had to lean a couple of times but other than that we had a really good view of the stage.

The musical was AMAZING! It was based off of the book rather than the 90's movie, which I'm quite happy about because, of course, the book is always better. I have to say the children that play Matilda and the other student characters have a lot of courage! I would not have been able to do that at age 8 or 9. It was crazy how talented they were!


The soundtrack is very catchy as well, I have a jumble of it stuck in my head at the moment. If it ever comes to Toronto, or if it is still in New York it should be on everyones to do list! Here's a clip of it from the Tony's last year:




On Saturday I showed Erin around Piccadilly Circus and Leicester Square. We went to M&M World, and of course bought M&M's, and walked around Leicester Square for a bit. They had a "Divergent" Fan Event in the Square where you could take a test to see which Fraction you belonged in and then could do activities afterwards. It was really packed so I didn't do any of the events.

When we first go to the Square we went over to The Prince of Wales Theatre to enter in for "The Book of Mormon" lottery draw. Well the time came for the tickets to be called AND Erin won two of them!! Needless to say it was so much funnier the second time around, and yes I am bragging a bit here but winning cheap tickets is something to brag about :)

Zeus and I
Finally on Sunday we went to the British Museum in the morning. It was quite packed so we couldn't enjoy the museum like we would have liked to but at least the museums here are free so that I can go back and see the things I didn't get to. 

The weather was beautiful this weekend so after the museum we went down to St. Paul's for a walk along the Thames. It was a nice walk and I got to show Erin more on London along the way.

We went into Primark later in the afternoon and I have to say that is one of my new favourite stores. Very decent clothes for a responsible price, cannot beat that!

Erin had to go back to Swansea after that so we made our way back to the tube station to go our separate ways. It was a great weekend overall! 

The next couple of weekend are pretty basic for me, nothing really big planned anyways. As of April 2nd, 2014 it will be 5 months until I am back in Canada! I cannot believe it came up that fast! The next thing I know I'll be packing up my room and getting ready to go home. It's crazy how long I have been here, it doesn't feel like this long at all!


British Museum

No comments:

Post a Comment