Sunday 9 March 2014

Hello March, come so soon?

          AH! Cannot believe it is March already! Where is the time going!?!?!
          Was talking to my Mom about it the other day and since I have already booked my flight home it is now less than 6months until I am back in Canada and on the 17th of March I will have been in England for 7months!
          I remember being in school last year and the time going by so slowly, so I guess that saying is true. Time files when you’re having fun!

Neat lights on Canterbury St. in London
          The weather here has been beautiful this past week, highs of 12 everyday, no rain and just a touch of wind. I actually wore my spring jacket into town and wasn’t cold after leaving the theatre last night, which is a first since September. Anyways let me fill you in on my week.










          On March 6th all around England (maybe other places as well but I’ve recently just heard about this) was “World Book Day” where the school kids and teachers dress up as their favourite character from any book genre.
          Isabella dressed up as Hermonie from the Harry Potter Series, Georgina dressed up as Veruca Salt from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Francesca dressed up as Matilda. They all looked so cute! Fran didn’t want her picture taken so just Izy and Georgie are in the picture with me.




          Yesterday, the 8th, Lina and I went to see “The Lion King”. It was so amazing! The way that they portrayed the animals was so neat. They had a little girl as a baby elephant and they way they made her costume around her was like a wooden silhouette elephant, it was so pretty.

          The giraffe was my second favourite, they had a person on stilts for the legs and used their hands and stilts for the front legs with an attachment for the head. It was beautiful how each thing was made, and really gun hoe to the movie so Lina and I were singing along to all the songs. 

          The play was really well done and the acting done by young Simba and Nala was amazing! They looked like they were just about 10 years old but the confidence they had and their acting was just amazingly well done.

          "The Lion King" is number 7 on my list of "Plays/Musicals I've seen since being here". Honestly it's one of my favourite things to spend my money on. I love going to the theatre and being apart of the story and reacting with an audience, it's a great feeling.

          At the end of the month I will be adding number 8 to the list, Matilda! And because the girls saw it with their StageCoach group back in November I hear the soundtrack all the time so I'll know all of the songs even before I see it!

          Hope all is well back home and that the snow starts to melt away soon! I'm really glad I missed this winter, even though I've had my fair share of rainy and crummy days nothing beats snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment