Sunday 2 March 2014

The end of yet another half term...

Well half term ended on Feb 23rd but I didn't want to do two blog posts within a couple of days of each other. So know that you are done reading about Paris read about how I spent the rest of the half term.

So after getting back late Monday night I slept in Tuesday, which was much deserved :)

The rest of the week was spent watching the Olympics and lounging around the house. Felt so nice to just relax and not have as many responsibilities (love my job, not saying that I don't, but everyone deserves a break every once and a while.)

On Saturday (22nd) I went into London for the majority of the day to go to The Royal Albert Hall to see the orchestra preform "Pixar Live in Concert". That week I started in Disney and ended with something else Disney :)



They preformed medleys from Toy Story 1-3, Monsters Inc., A Bug's Life, Brave, Up, Finding Nemo, Cars 1&2, and The Incredibles. The way they had it set up was that while the orchestra was playing a medley from the Pixar movie scenes from the film would play on the big screen behind them. For "Up" they played the first 5 minutes of the movie, the montage of when Ellie & Carl are together, and it was so beautiful. The announcer told us to have our hankies at the ready and he wasn't lying! The whole thing was just amazing to be a part of. If it comes to any of the major towns/cities around you I suggest you go. All Pixar fans will love it!

On Sunday (23rd) I met up with a fellow Canadian, Jenna, and her friend Louise, from Wales, to watch the Gold Medal Hockey game at a Sports Bar. We had our own little section to watch the game, along with fellow Canadians and supporters of Canada. Have to say this is defiantly the way to watch a big sports game! The environment in our section was just pure Gold (see what I did there? Cause you know Canada won gold, obviously)! This was my first time going to a Sports Pub/Bar to watch any type of game and I would do it again. So much fun celebrating with people who cheered with you and had the same reactions as you, it was kind of funny too.

Overall I had a great break and now it's back to work! Next week I'm going to "The Lion King" and at the end of the month I'll be seeing "Matilda" so look forward to posts about those. In the Spring I'm planning on taking day trips outside of London to see more of the countryside.

And as of today, March 2nd I have 6 more months in England! It's crazy! On March 17th I will be here 7 months...I just cannot believe it!





No comments:

Post a Comment