Sunday 16 March 2014

Up To Great Heights!

"What did I tell ya? There's the whole world at your feet. And who gets to see it but the birds, the stars, and the chimney sweeps."


What a day! Yesterday my friend Lina and I got to go to the very top of The Shard (the tallest building in London) to enjoy the view and take some lovely photos of London as well. It was a beautiful day overall! The weather these past couple of weeks has been amazing, sorry for rubbing it in again Canada, sun and warm breezes - it's amazing.


Before going to The Shard though we took a walk down South Bank and looked in the different shops along the River Thames.

Cherry Blossom trees are over populated in this area. I forgot how much I loved them when they bloomed. As London usually is the streets and sidewalks were packed! 





When I first got here, and would reference my tour book more than once a day, it said that tourists usually come more between March and November...this is a lie! Tourists come ALL THE TIME! I have not had a trip into London where it involved me taking my time and not pushing past people who stop in the middle of the way to look at a map. London will never be like this...it's London.


Now finally we got to go to The Shard, and as I mentioned before it is the tallest building in London. We booked our time for right around the sunset so that we could get day and night photos of London. I have to say seeing the sunset over London and then seeing all the nightlife come to life is one of the most beautiful sights I have ever seen, I only wish my camera took better photos to capture it all.


To be honest I'm still wrapping my head around the fact that it is MARCH already and that it's almost gone. I have defiantly been keeping myself busy enough to not notice all the time that's been going by and I still have lots more planned. Next weekend Lina and I are finally going to Abbey Road and then spending the rest of the day in Notting Hill. The weekend after that my friend Erin is coming down for the weekend and we're going to see Matilda and do little tours of London as well.

I've also added another play to my list before I go home, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory! (That's not until June though) and I will be going to see Panic! At The Disco in May :)


A fun couple of weeks ahead for me! TTFN

No comments:

Post a Comment