Monday 30 June 2014

Another Item Off The Bucket List!



Yet another early morning for me, 7am came to soon yesterday but the day was well worth it. I hate traveling on Sundays, but you gotta do whatcha gotta do. Anyhow, yesterday I went on the London Eye with my Canadian friend Lindsay. Totally forgot about my fear of heights but this actually wasn't to bad. The view was amazing! We had great weather as well, no rain, sunny and only a couple of clouds. 



Near the top I saw out all the way to Wembley Stadium, which is only like twenty minutes away from where I live. It really puts it into perspective of how close everything is in Central London. I was looking at the other places I always go to (Trafalgar Square, Piccadilly Circus, Westminster Abbey) and to see how close everything actually is to one another is just crazy. 


Mind you it may take a bit to walk everywhere but from up there it didn't feel like it. If only it were that easy right?


After the London Eye, Lindsay and I walked along the Southbank up to Tower Bridge. I hadn't walked that area in a long time so it was nice to revisit it and enjoy it with someone who hadn't walked it before. I showed her all the little market areas around there and the shops that I like to go to, there is a Christmas store along there but sadly is closed on Sundays so we couldn't go inside. 

We walked across Tower Bridge and eventually made our way back to Leicester Square. For our special "Canada Day" Day out we decided to go to The Maple Leaf for lunch and was I in for a surprise! Nothing as fancy as meeting someone famous but lately I've been missing the little things at home and when we walked into the pub they had "Canadian Club" - a Canadian whisky - at the pub!!! I haven't had that in ages so of course Lindsay and I each got one to enjoy with our lunch.


Other than the little rain on and off in the afternoon it was a great day out. As of today, June 30th 2014, I have two months and two days left in England, I have one month and one day until my tour across Europe and I have one month and eighteen days until my Downton Abbey tour!!

July is going to be super busy so I bet the weeks will fly by. Lots of historic places to visit, a concert, Brighton Pier, the girls will be done school at the end of the month and traveling around with them before they head off to Italy for two weeks! Just craziness! 


No comments:

Post a Comment