Sunday 22 June 2014

No Rain on my Parade!

I love the West End! If I could I would spend all of my money just to go and see the musicals that preform in this area, thank goodness I didn't have to.

Yesterday in Trafalgar Square they had an event called "West End Live!". It was the 10th anniversary this year and at it they have the West End Musicals preform for 10-20minutes throughout the day. It started at 11am but I was there around 9:30am - so I could get a good spot in line and a decent sitting or standing spot inside. A lot of people had the same idea as I did, some where there since 7am from what I heard. I'm not sure of the exact number that were there but I want to say at least over a thousand, maybe even more.



Saturdays events ran from 11am-6pm and Sundays events run from 12pm-6pm (I didn't go today because I saw all that I wanted to see and I think about 7hours of walking around and just standing is enough for my legs this weekend.

Now I saw "No Rain on my Parade" because this is the first time in the ten years they have had this event that it didn't call for rain! Instead it was the hottest day London has seen in a year (it was about 25-28 degrees, which Canada wise it's hot hot, but not having a hot/warm day in over two weeks it hit me hard). Don't worry I drank lots of water and had sunscreen on...forgot to reapply it to my face however so I kind of look like Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer at the moment, but oh well lessoned learned - sunscreen is on my to buy list.

This event is amazing! I cannot believe the amount of support the West End gets, well I could I just didn't think it was THIS much!

I watched at least fourteen different musicals preform - and have added a new musical to my list that I really want to see. Out of the fourteen I saw "Wicked", "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory", "Phantom of the Opera", "Matilda the Musical", "Les Miserables", "Mamma Mia" and the new one that I really want to see now "Jersey Boys". The guys playing Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons were AMAZING! There was an older lady standing beside me when they came on and she was just singing and dancing away to the songs they were singing.

Next weekend I will be joining my friend Lindsay to go on The London Eye! I'm very excited about that! And after the London Eye it'll be July and then holy moly it'll be August, WHAT?!?! Just crazy!





No comments:

Post a Comment