Sunday 15 June 2014

Family ♥

First thing first, I want to wish my Dad a "Happy Father's Day!" :) To a Dad who believes in me, encourages me to achieve my dreams, makes jokes that only make me laugh, and is usually the only one to laugh at mine because he honestly thinks they are funny. You have taught me so many great life lessons and are so supportive of the decision I make in my life. Happy Fathers Day Dad! I love you!

I want to dedicate this blog post to the most important people in my life, my family ♥ .

They are the entire reason behind who I am today. They keep me grounded and believe in me no matter what crazy ideas I come up with, like going to England for a year.

Being away from home for as long as I have I've realized that life doesn't just stop for the other people around me. Life events happen everyday, good or bad, and it can change so suddenly. Sorry folks but it's about to get real emotional in here. About two years ago now is when I signed up with Scotia Personnel, I had only told my immediate family and was planning on telling my Grandparents and Aunt & Uncle at Thanksgiving this news. Before dinner my Poppa and I were talking about nothing in particular when he mentioned about ideas he had for me when I completed school in April. He had said that when I apply for jobs with the school board it would be better if I knew French, that way I could apply for more positions and be higher on the qualifying list.

He also told me that he found a program that would be best for me and was just waiting on the information package to be sent to his house. After dinner I told the family of my plan on being an Au Pair in England after I graduated from my program. To be honest I can't quite remember Poppa's reaction, out of everyone I knew he's mattered the most because he usually knew what was best for me school and career wise - once I talked him into being passionate about working with children anyways.

I think it was a mixed reaction but he I am pretty sure he was excited about me traveling to England and would want to discuss it further. Unfortunately we never got to, but I think back on it now and it probably would have been many upon many mini history lessons, list upon lists of places to see and places to go while I was hear and him telling me he would want weekly reports of everything I did while over here.

This past year has added onto the pain of not being at home, my Grandpa past away as well as my Great Uncle. Before I left I got to speak with both of them and telling them all about my work and plans I had when getting here. My Grandpa thought I was crazy for wanting to look after three little girls and going to England but he was very happy for me. Grandma told me that he kept asking for updates every now and then when she saw him so I am thankful to her for telling him all about the activities I got myself into.

The thing about being away from home is that you forget that life can still happen, at least that's how I personally find it. I have had so many wonderful experiences here that I would not change it for the world. Being away has made me grow up and realize that no matter where I am or what I am doing my family is still there for me through thick and thin. They support me and care for me just as much, and maybe even a bit more, since being over here.

Sorry for the sappy/sad post but I truly appreciate everything my family has done for me. I am excited to go home and see everyone but right now I am in the bittersweet stage of it. I have done a lot with the time I have had here and if possible would only change one thing - more traveling outside of London. I know I have more than two months left here but they are jammed packed with more traveling, concerts and events that will come and go just like that.

When I get home it will be a new adventure even, and I am happy to see where it will take me then.

So once again, thank you to my extremely amazing family (Mom, Dad, Siblings, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins and Grandparents) for being so supportive of me. I love you all!


No comments:

Post a Comment