Sunday 8 June 2014

'Cause I've got a Golden Ticket!

What can I say, I love the theatre! It's the greatest place to go to get your mind off of the problems and little things in your life that are bugging you and just absorb the story and the set hundreds of people have worked on. Just amazing!

Yesterday I saw "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" with my friend Lindsay. Had a giggle because the theatre is on Drury Lane (Do you know the Muffin Man?) but anywho, it was a beautiful day in London, finally, and where did we spend it? Inside in an air conditioned theatre with about a thousand other people. It was well worth it though.

The story is exactly like the one I read when I was younger, a poor selfless boy makes an impression on this wealthy Chocolatier and in the end he gets what he deserves, all the wonders in the world really, he gets to own the Chocolate Factory.

The sets were absolutely brilliant! Very grey and dark - for when we are meeting the Bucket family and then very colourful and amazing when they get a tour of the factory.

Each actor/actress played their role so well. I was actually quite annoyed with Vercua Salt and glad she went down the chute with her dad, little brat. Augustus was quite fat and hungry ALL THE TIME, he was so funny as well. Mike TeeVee was a horrible little child, and it was quite neat how they made him TV size - but I won't give that away - his mom was hilarious (She did love her "Mommy Water"). And of course Violet loved her gum, and was quite famous for it so of course she got what she deserved.

But most of all Charlie, just amazing! As I said about "Matilda" I would not have had the courage those kids did to preform on a stage at that end let along the West End. The songs were brilliant as well, so catchy and the dancing for it as well was just great. All of the little tricks they did for the Oompaa Loompa and sizing wise was very cleaver as well.

I think my favourite part was the Glass Elevator near the end, Charlie and Mr. Wonka sang "Pure Imagination" during this, it brought a tear to my eye. It was so beautifully done and you just get into the moment and feel it all. Just great!

The musical was just amazing overall. So know that I am through with my musicals (I guess for now) it's time for my list.

Yes I did get a Wonka bar for the show :)
Top Musicals I've Seen in London, UK

1) The Book of Mormon
2) Les Miserables
3) Matilda
4) Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
5) The Lion King
6) Once
7) The Phantom of the Opera
8) Wicked
9) Dirty Dancing






No comments:

Post a Comment